Under section 87 of the Uttar Pradesh Reorganization Act-29 of 2000 decision taken by the meeting dated 31.07.2002 resulting notification no. 3387 dated 17.08.2002 establishing Uttrakhand Khadi Evam Village Industries Board.
Structure of Board - 6 Government and 7 Non-Government members
- Hon. Minister, MSME,Khadi Evam Gramodyog –
- Principle Secretary/Secretary Industries- Government Member
- Principle Secretary/Secretary Finance- Government Member
- Principle Secretary/Secretary Rural Development- Government Member
- State Director, KVIC - Government Member
- Chief Executive Officer, KVIB- Government Member
- Additional Director Industries- Government Member
- Special Invited Member-
- 7 Non Government Members.
Features of Board
- Establishment of Khadi and Gramodyog units, regulize and centralized development of entrepreneurs.
- Training Programmes for entrepreneurs and establishment of cottage Industries.
- Establishment and supply of Raw Material and Machines from reserve Banks for entrepreneurs.
- Publicity and buyers-sellers meet for khadi and gramodyogi products.
- Research and Development activities for khadi and Gramodyogi Products and resolution of their problems.
- HeadQuarters of UKVIB is situated at Bhopalpani, DEHRADUN.
- Zonal administration offices are situated at PAURI and KALADHUNGI respectively for administration of District Level Offices.
- Regional village industries training centres are situated at PAURI and KALADHUNGI respectively for the training programmes for entrepreneurs.
- 13 District Village Industries Offices situated in district headquarters of uttrakhand for Execution of several Schemes.
- Aids, motivation of entrepreneurs for the production of khadi and gramodyogi products.
- Establishment of Divisional Suprintendent Industries (wool) at Almora, Chamba(Tehri) and Srinagar Garhwal for the execution of Uttrakhand Wool Scheme.
- UKVIB regulates 20 Production Centres, 09 Clusters and 10 Sale Centres.
- Lok Vastra Ekai Jaspur is situated at JASPUR for the production of cotton clothes.